Sunday, June 21, 2020
Flopcast 424: Kornflake Loves the 90s
Last week Kevin listed his ten favorite albums from the 1980s, year by ridiculous year. So this week it's Kornflake's turn, with an album list from the 1990s! (You may not remember the 90s very well. You were so goofed up on Crystal Pepsi back then.) It's a fun mix of alt-rock, pop, boy bands, and maybe even a little rap and hair metal. (But alas, no Spacehog...) Also: Happy Birthday to a classic TV mom (from Lassie AND Lost in Space), Kornflake is drinking something that isn't coffee, Kevin keeps running into Herbie the Love Bug, and Rhode Island wants outdoor strip clubs. Kids, the world isn't getting less weird anytime soon.
June Lockhart with her Lassie family and her Lost in Space husband Guy Williams:
Herbie the Love Bug had a longer run in show business than we thought!
Kornflake's favorite 90s albums by year:
- Step By Step - New Kids on the Block
- Lean Into It - Mister Big
- 3 Years, 5 Months and 2 Days in the Life Of...Arrested Development
- Duran Duran (self-titled)
- I Say I Say I Say - Erasure
- I'm With Stupid - Aimee Mann
- Born on a Pirate Ship - Barenaked Ladies
- Coil - Toad the Wet Sprocket
- Stunt - Barenaked Ladies
- Lost and Gone Forever - Guster