Sunday, June 14, 2020
Flopcast 423: Lobster Avalanche
By request, Kevin lists a favorite album for each year of the 1980s, and Kornflake provides expert (?) commentary along the way. (Several Australian acts made the list. Not just Air Supply.) Also: We're dancing on the ceiling with clay heads in honor of Lionel Richie's birthday, Kevin finally leaves the house (wearing a chicken mask) for the reopening of Rubber Chicken Comics, we're back in Classic Sci-Fi Court, and Kornflake has weird coffee and a lobster avalanche. It was not a normal week. We don't have those anymore.
The return of Classic Sci-Fi Court with Joe and Gary from the DragonCon American Sci-Fi Classics Track features Kevin defending the earlier, less successful attempt to revive Lost in Space as a theatrical film in 1998.
Kevin's favorite 80s albums by year:
- Glass Houses - Billy Joel
- The One That You Love - Air Supply
- Pac-Man Fever - Buckner & Garcia
- Cargo - Men at Work
- "Weird Al" Yankovic in 3-D
- Nervous Night - The Hooters
- The Way It Is - Bruce Hornsby and the Range
- Diesel and Dust - Midnight Oil
- Lincoln - They Might Be Giants
- Spike - Elvis Costello