Sunday, September 26, 2021
Flopcast 490: Whistle While You Flop
The subject of today's Top 4 ½ List is, uh, whistling. We're still not sure why. But it's a fun list, including a classic TV theme song, a Bangles song, a bizarre Boston clown, a Muppet, a Guardian of the Galaxy, and lots more whistling weirdness. (We somehow missed the Frosty the Snowman traffic cop who swallows his whistle. Oops.) And we assure you, this show contains no actual whistling, so you may proceed with confidence. Your dog won't freak out. Also: National Drink Beer Day is this week! So go ahead and wet your whistle. Or your whistlepig. Your choice.
It turns out there are quite a few days in the year to celebrate beer and beer drinking. If you do need an excuse, September 28 is one of them!
Top 4 ½ Whistles
- Whistling in the Dark by They Might Be Giants
- Walt the Muppet (whistling by Andrew Bird)
- Shadmock whistling in The Monster Club
- Give a Little Whistle sung by Jiminy Cricket in Pinocchio
- Debbi Peterson pretending to whistle in Walk Like an Egyptian
- Theme from The Andy Griffith Show
- Willie Whistle (seen here in an NSFW snake situation)
- Wind of Change by Scorpions